Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Friday, April 30, 2010

We're baaaaack!

Originally I was supposed to be back on Tuesday or Wednesday, but since the surgery had to be delayed, I didn't get back till this afternoon around 5:30. It was a very emotion packed week, but it all turned out ok in the end and I was told the surgery went well. I stayed with Betty till they rolled her into surgery. Her family arrived earlier this morning and will be staying with her from now on and drive her back home. She is tentatively slated to be released on Monday.

We didn't go out of our way to do any sight seeing, because Betty was in pain and it never crossed my mind to even think about leaving her in the hotel room alone. I came to help her and not to run off touring the city. She was so kind and sweet and generous and thanked me over and over for staying with her. I was so glad to be able to help her and it really was no inconvenience for me at all, especially since I had Gizzy and didn't have to worry about my ole boy being alone at home feeling lonely or scared.

Here he is in the hotel room:

We stayed in a nice, clean hotel room on the third floor with a fridge, microwave and two queen sized beds. Gizzy was very comfy on the window bench and enjoyed looking out. He was such a good boy. He never barked or caused any problems. Betty was so impressed with him. She never knew this side of him and was simply amazed at his easy going nature. He really is one of the best travelling companion pets I ever had.

Here's Betty going over last minute instructions and details - she was nerveous and anxious and so glad I came with her. To thank me she bought me a new, comfortable outfit to wear. It wasn't necessary, but of course, I appreciated it very much.

On the trip back, I thought I could stop and take a few scenery pictures because I was enchanted with the lush greenery, the pretty wildflowers on the side of the road in yellow and purple and the red soil. It made for a very colorful palate that would have been a wonderful landscape for a painting. But, it ended up raining pretty much all the way home, so there went that plan. I did, however, stop on a roadside stand to purchase a 5 lb. bag of sweet Vidalia onions and a big, 32 oz. jug full of local wild flower honey.


I popped an onion in the oven for baking and made some jasmine tea for my honey (no, not Gizzy) - Gizzy's tuckered out from the long trip home. It is raining still and a good time to stay in and regroup. My back will be glad to be sleeping in the recliner tonight.

By the way, Middi was happy to see me and she's not stopped meowing since I came in. It is obvious that she missed me, which is nice to know considering her recent escapades. It's nice to be back home (ahhhh!)

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Glad you got home safely and that all went well. That Gizzy, what a good boy he is! I love Vidalia onions, they are so delicious. I'm sure that the ones you get in Georgia are much better than what I can find in the grocery store! Have a great weekend.

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

You are a true friend and so very kind and helpful -- Betty is lucky to have you and it sure looks like she knows it. I am glad you had Gizzy with you. What a good boy he is, a good traveler. The honey and onions look delicious!!!

The Beneficial Bee said...

Gizzy looks so cute on the window seat. A perfect spot for him! Glad the surgery went well. Jess

Krafty Max Originals said...

I am so very glad your trip went well...sorry for the rain on the way home - I love your photos of your adventures! Boy does Gizzy look cute in the window seat with the scarf....very 'flashy'. I hope that we only hear good news about your friend Betty.... have a great weekend! ~KM

glor said...

What a good friend you are. There is nothing else in the world that can compare to that. Blessings to you.

Debbie said...

What a great friend you are and I'm sure Betty appreciates you! Gizzy is so good!