Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Amaryllis time and canceled trip

Greetings from my front yard where the Amaryllis bloom everywhere now.


I have a huge Aloe Vera plant in a pot outside (that needs to be set free) and it bloomed last year for the first time. Looks like it's going to bloom again this year too. I was sort of expecting a red blossom because that's the color they bloom in Laguna Beach, California, but it turned out to be yellow. Maybe it's a different variety or maybe it's the soil that determines the color - I don't know which.
I was going to drive my neighbor to Columbus (about 170 miles from here) where she goes to see her back doctor. However, the trip was canceled because she woke up with a fever and symptoms too sick to go. Maybe next week.

Gizzy and I went for a loooooong walk around the lake, because the weather is superb with a wonderful  breeze. I gave him a good brushing and a hair cut while we were sitting outside. He now looks even more handsome (if you can believe that) than before and once he gets his bath, I won't be able to stand it.



I need to have a fundraiser for his dental (that's $150, because he needs bloodwork too.) 
He looks so cute and when he opens his mouth to yawn, it's like getting hit in the face with a dead fish out of lake Irma...yuk! Maybe I'll hold a Raffle for an afghan, throw or baby blanket...what do you think? I've heard of people holding Raffles online where tickets get purchased through Pay Pal. I could use Random.org to chose the name of the winner. What do you think? Is that just too silly? 

6 comments:

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Gosh, Doris, that is a very long drive. You sure are a good friend and neighbor.

I hope you are very careful!

The amaryllis is gorgeous.

Sandy said...

Doris, the amaryllis are so beautiful... I'm jealous! I have one planted out back, but don't know if it will survive the hot Arizona summer or not. Have a great week.

♥ Kathy said...

Gorgeous pictures Doris. You're so sweet to give moral support to your neighbor. I hope she goes through the surgery well! Love, Kathy

Samantha G said...

Ohhh I'm so jealous of your flowering aloe plant! And your beautiful amaryllis too. I have a huuuuge aloe plant and unfortunately up here it's too cold to set it free (hehehe, I loved how you worded that!). Mine has never bloomed, but right now it probably doesn't get enough sun. There isn't a good spot for it anywhere that our dog can't get to it and eat it, so it's upstairs and way too heavy for me to try and bring downstairs out onto the porch for more sun. So until we move, it will just have to suffer... mwahahahah!

Lonesome Road Studio said...

My MIL is from Georgia and used to plant amaryllis flowers right in the ground like that. We sure can't do it here!
Good luck with the puppy dental!

Silke Powers said...

Oh, your amaryllis are so beautiful!! Ours are just now getting their flowers. And your little Gizzy is adorable!! I love how he's looking at you - so handsome and cute!! Aren't those vet bills always so much? It's the same here! I'm just happy ours are all healthy!! Hope you are doing well! Love, Silke