Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Friday, April 9, 2010

Another walk in the park

Life is good! It's a beautiful day and I am blessed with many caring friends - plus, I have a dog who keeps me going ... dare I ask for more?

Today is exceptionally beautiful. It rained yesterday for the better part of the afternoon and evening and it looked so perfectly clean and clear that I wanted to share some photos with you.  When we arrived at the park, this is what we saw:

Gizzy had to go visit the "Rocky's Bridge" boulder to investigate, while I tried capturing the sunlight in the water.


We walked over to the picnic table by the Azelea bushes that are showing their splendor in various colors.



We sat there for a while taking in the glorious view and I decorated my flower boy.



After walking to the rose bush, I noticed the morning dew was still on the pedals.








It was just magnificent - all that brilliant green - almost like a Disney Movie.



I adore that spring green color of the leaves - it reminds me of picnics with family and outdoor Easter Egg hunts and everything that's clean and good in life.




As I was sitting at the park bench with my Gizzy, enjoying the beautiful view, only one thing came to mind that described the magnitude of what I was feeling:

This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)


I saw huge dogwood blossoms and a little bird sitting on top of a bush, chirping and singing his little heart out. He was rejoicing too.



...and if I should grow to an old and feeble age, I pray God grant me eyesight to the very end for the beauty of His works astound and overwhelm me with a sense of humility and thankfulness that only my tears can express.


8 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

What a beautiful post and beautiful pictures Doris! I especially liked the second one on the right with the sun shining across the water...so pretty! Gizzy looks too cute too :) *hugs*

Yarni Gras! said...

gorgeous!

gin said...

I hope your results of your procedure are good. When I saw that toad pic, I was thinking the same thing - kiss him! What a lovely day you had with all those beautiful pictures. Wishing you a fabulous weekend!!

glor said...

How beautiful, your pictures are breathtaking. The park is amazing, I could spend hours there.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics and Gizzy looks adorable with the flower.

Also wanted to tell you about pots in your apartment comment you left me. I started my gardening when we still lived in an apartment using mainly window boxes hanging from my balcony. Let me know if you would like more space saving gardening ideas.

Sandy

Julie said...

Hi Doris, Great pictures...And what a good looking boy you have...I have your post linked on my Pink Saturday post... do Please stop over for a visit and let me know what you think...
xoxo
Julie

Julia said...

It's a floral paradise! I love the azaleas and the dogwoods. How peaceful and serene. Lucky you having a gorgeous park so nearby.

Have a wonderful day!
Bye for now,
J

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous park to play in. Your photo of the single rose with the dew drops is absolutely gorgeous.