Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Take the Pledge - I did!

 "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." - Anne Frank


Defenders of Willife is asking us to pledge a Day of Service to the Earth and walk the walk for wildlife to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Earth Day -- then ask your friends and family to follow your lead.

Click here! to take your pledge.

I have pledged to pick up trash in my neighborhood, around the lake and in my local park when I go outside to walk Gizzy. My neighbor gave me her pick up tool (so I don't have to bend down so much) and I've started to carry a trash bag. There's a lot of fishing going on where I live and you probably know how much trash that generates. I especially hate finding the fishing line that can really harm the animals. It is very sad that people do not care enough to pick up after themselves. I don't want to start on a rant, but I was raised differently, weren't you?

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Hi, I was raised that you pick up after yourselves also! I can't believe what people do.
Have a great weekend!
xxoo
Deborah

♥ Kathy said...

When my kids were growing up and we went to the park or beach or lake, we always took a trash bag with us and cleaned up the spot we were in before we did anything else. They still do that now that they're not with me. It makes me proud that I taught them that!