Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

After the rain

For some reason Gizzy woke me up early today wanting to go outside and since I've got errands this afternoon, I got myself up and Adam to go to the park. After buying a big cup of java, I headed towards Roquemore Park with my boy for a stroll through the park. It rained yesterday afternoon and intermittently during the night, so it was quite wet and beads of water were clinging to everything like morning dew.

First stop:  the roses!
While looking into the water at some garbage trying to figure out how to get it out, I saw a teeny, tiny baby turtle...actually, there were a few, but this one is the one I got for you:
Past some trees and a cute little birdhouse (don't know if it was occupied)


Around the bend and over the lawn, sniffing along some flowers and ye ole millstones (on Gizzy's part)


we met up with Gizzy's rumbling parter who was anxiously waiting by the fence - have at it, boys!

That was fun and now for some relaxation by looking up into a few remaining spring blossoms

Then further around the pond, past some more trees - be careful, Gizzy, don't fall in!



 past the little bridge and back into the car to drive back home...


Till next time - have a good day!

9 comments:

Sandy said...

It is so pretty and green there... thanks for that, I don't often get to see so much pretty green!!

gin said...

cute story line you made up as you went along, kinda like "to grandmother's house we go." it is a lovely park!

Beansieleigh said...

What a beautiful place to go for a walk! Loved the turtle, and the bridge is so pretty!.. And both you and Gizzy are always a pleasure to visit with! Thanks for bringing us along! I really enjoyed it! ((hugs)) ~tina

Tulsi said...

How beautiful. I seriously love the turtle.

glor said...

What a wonderful tour! Thanks for sharing, I feel like I walked the bridge over that glass like water. Just beautiful!

Deborah said...

Hi Doris, I love your walks, they are always so pretty!
Don't worry about Lilly, she is fine. She is my "crazy cat", always knocking things over, looking angry all the time, she has a 15 year old girl attitude....I can say that with love because of my daughter and when she was 15! LOL
Thanks for caring, I really appreciate that!
xxoo
Deborah

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Honey that looks like a baby SNAPPER!!! Watch your toes, Gizzy!

What a pretty walk.

Anke said...

It is so pretty there. You are so lucky to have a beautiful area like that close by.

♥ Kathy said...

That's really pretty Doris and I love that little bridge!