Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just another day in paradise...

I'm enjoing this time of year when it's still bearable to be outside. I'm already dreading the summer that will undoubtedly come all too soon and stay way too long for Gizzy and I will have to hybernate in the air conditioned apartment and practice patience.

So here are some photos from our today's early morning walk:

(Gizzy's still sleepy - but we must go before it gets too hot - early morning sun peeking through the trees)
(love it when the sun plays peek-a-boo with the trees and the early morning fog is still lingering)
(Dew on the grass in the meadow - a perfect morning for a walk)
Azelea splendor and Mr. Bumble Bee
Duckies rushing to collect their breakfast


This is momma duck and her eggs she sits on most of the time. This is the funniest duck I've ever met. She is also the fastest runner. You should see her little legs go. A real sprinter. I hope the babies will come soon. I am anxious to see little fluff balls on the water.


Pretty flowers on a climbing vine (left) and ye ole fishing hole on the right.
You could go down the steps and take a nature walk through the woods along the creek.
I get a kick out of these cypress roots, because I imagine them as little gnomes of the forest.

Little boat patiently waiting to be taken out onto the water (left) Reflections of the morning sun (right)
One of my most favorite views is to watch the sparkling water. Looking at it reminds me of little chips of diamonds or fairies or fire flies dancing on the surface - very enchanting.

Big "mansion" on the lake and Gizzy in an  azelea tunnel.
It was a nice walk on yet another beautiful and breezy day. Thanks be to God!

9 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

It was a beautiful walk and I enjoyed it so much! I feel like Gizzy today...still asleep lol

Love you,

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures as always.

Thanks for sharing.

Sandy

Silke Powers said...

I know! Aren't these days just amazing?! Usually by this time, we are into storms and humidity already. This has been just beautiful!! You photos are stunning!! What a beautiful place you live in! I hope you are feeling well! Love, Silke

retdairyqueen said...

Great photos
Thanks for sharing your walk

Deborah said...

WOW, that was a beautiful walk. The weather looks gorgeous! We are suppose to have cold wet snow this weekend...I hope not!
xxoo
Deborah

Sea Witch said...

What a lovely post. I feel like I was walking with you. Such pretty photos of the georgraphy and I also like the cyprus trees you pointed out. They do have a magical kingdom look about them. Wanted to thank you for your sweet comments on my recent posts. I have been a little remise in visiting other blogs as I have been so busy. Trying to be a better blog visitor. Sea Witch

Anke said...

You're so lucky to have such beautiful places close by. I felt like I was taking the walk with you...
Schoenes Wochenende und liebe Gruesse,
Anke

The Beneficial Bee said...

Looking forward to the baby duck pictures! I also love the pink flower/bee shots!

Mistea said...

I am enjoying your pictures from your walks - I always forget to take my camera!

It looks like you have a very pleasant place to walk with lots of interesting things to enjoy.
Love the ducks.