Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Off to the hospital -

This will be short and sweet. A friend's taking me to the hospital this morning for my scan guided liver biopsy. Wish me luck! I don't want to have the Interferon treatments. I want to see a Chinese herbal doctor in Atlanta. Maybe they can help me boost my immune system to increase my 10 % chances of my own body overcoming this virus without medications - thus far it's not happening. I was diagnosed with Hep C five years ago. Turns out my antibody count is very high (not a good thing in Hep C), and my genotype is 1A, the most common, but also the most difficult to treat. My GI said he didn't want to put me through a year of misery before taking a look at my liver - I don't want to be in a year of misery, in fact I don't want to be a day in misery - I've had my share - or, so I thought.

I'm sorry, I normally don't talk about my health problems here, because this is supposed to be a fun-blog, but I'm telling you this because I consider many of you my friends; also, for those of you that pray, I would like for you to remember me in your prayers, because I believe there is power in prayer and also power in numbers. Thank you!

Gizzy's being looked after by a friend and neighbor, but I'll be back in the afternoon. He's been sleeping a lot lately. I wish I could take him with me. He's the BEST medicine. Looking at him makes my heart happy!

10 comments:

Krafty Max Originals said...

my prayers and thoughts will be with you and Gizzy. Be home soon and be safe! ~KM

Silke Powers said...

Oh, Doris, I had no idea you were having such health concerns. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and in my heart! I do hope you can work with someone who can support any sort of conventional treatment with alternative treatments. Let me know how your scan went, ok?! Much love, Silke

Beansieleigh said...

Well, Doris, I certainly hope you consider me a friend, because I definitely consider you one! I am glad you said something, so that I CAN say a prayer for you today. Consider it done, and just know that I'm wishing you the very best. You may not like to dwell on it, and I would understand that, but I hope you'll keep your friends posted! ((love ~n~ hugs)) ~tina

Mistea said...

Wishing you good news from all the tests and an opportunity to make an informed decision on the way forward.

CJ said...

I will be praying for you today, Doris! God bless you, sweet friend! :)
Hugz,
Cathy♥♥

♥ Kathy said...

Good luck sweetheart!!!

*Ulrike* said...

My oh my. Will be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. I have not done much blog reading, as you know here in the south it feels like summer!, so I had a few minutes to stop by. Are you going to Emory? I hope all goes well for you. I'm like you I'd rather do the natural herbs for as long as possible. Hang in there!!
Take Care
Ulrike

Sandy said...

My thoughts and prayers will be with you today. I hope all goes well.

Ruth said...

Will add you to my prays hope everything comes out alright.

Hugs()

Julie said...

Hi Doris, Good thoughts and prayer coming your way...Let us know how it goes...
xoxo
Julie & Miss Lucy