Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Friday, March 12, 2010

What do you mean "basket case?"

My friend left a little basket at my house that she's not using anymore. Somehow both Gizzy and Middi took a liking to it. They take turns sitting in it, even though they barely fit.



Middi always looks so annoyed when I take her pictures. Gizzy's used to it.

REMINDER: Remember that March is National Crochet month and my offer of posting anyone's completed crochet work on my blog at the end of the month for everyone to see and then have a drawing for a surprise gift from me. I didn't want to make it a vote because I don't want there to be any pressure, just fun. So far I received just one entry and a couple of inquiries. My offer still stands to help anyone with any project that they want to make.

Also, my crochet team, the Etsy Hookers team, is having another team challenge with an Irish theme. I finished my project and wanted to show you as a way of giving you a heads up for when I ask you to vote for me. Voting won't start till March 31st and I'll ask again, but for now, I just want to show you what I made because I'm so proud of her:








Please know that I have not forgotten any of you, just because I don't comment on your blogs very much,  but it's been very difficult and time consuming having to wait on my browser to load pictures. I do have DSL, but they have different speeds in different price groups and right now I can only afford the cheapest one, which is just a bit faster than dial-up; so, it gets to be very frustrating and it takes the fun out of blog hopping.

8 comments:

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

Doris, can you catch some free wifi from the air? I know our neighbors are always using ours...that way they don't need dialup...

Your crocheted roll cover girl is just BEAUTIFUL! Of course I will be happy to vote for her!!! I have not even begun my project but I do have the yarn at least. I didn't know how many balls to get so I got 2.

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Wow...that is amazing...and so much work!

She is a beauty!
xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

♥ Kathy said...

Oh Doris you SHOULD be proud...she's beautiful!! And Middi and Gizzy are so cute in the basket :)

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Doris! LOVE your Irish Barbie doll!! She came out beautiful! ~tina

Doris Sturm said...

I don't have dial up, Holly, I have the lowest (cheapest) speed internet my ISP offers and it's a smidgeon faster than dial up, but with all the pictures and blogs, it still takes too long...I'll upgrade as soon as I am able.

Doris Sturm said...

...oh, thanks for all your compliments. I'm really proud of her too and I almost don't want to sell her ;-)

right now she's just standing here so I can admire her for a while.

Kerrie said...

Doris, Your hats and the doll are just beautiful!!!! We have been camping for 2 days halfway to Charleston, SC. It was still very cold at night!! But it got us away for a bit. Hugs, Kerrie Oh and also loved your little guys in the baskets, how cute is that!

Samantha G said...

those pictures of Gizzy and Middi are so funny!! Why would they choose to lay in that tiny basket!

And you already know, I think your doll is just gorgeous! :)