Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Friday, July 16, 2010

A Thursday in the life of a Gizzy: by Gizzy

I wanted to say thanks for your get-well wishes when I was feeling yukkie from the chicken. I'm all better now, see?

(taken at Roquemore Park a couple of days ago)


Yesterday was a fun day for mommy and me. We went to Bank's Lake in the morning to sniff around and visit The Outpost.

The nice lady by the name of Sharon gave me a big, meaty piece of beef jerkey for breakfast. Mmmmmm...my favorite!



Mommy bought that birdwatching book she always wanted. Our next door neighbor has a bird feeding station and they all come to eat very early in the morning.




It was a nice day outside, but I don't like going too close to the water (gators, you know!)




Then mom found something in a bucket...she was all excited exclaiming "I love forget-me-nots"...what's that all about? I guess we're going to have some of those now too.


We walked around a little more smelling the scents and enjoying the sights


Soon it was time to head for home to avoid the hotter heat, but first I had to have a nice, long drink before getting back into the car:


We took a little detour and when mommy saw these three horses, she jumped out to photograph and pet them. She told me their noses felt like velvet - How absurd! Surely she was thinking about MY muzzle.



Horeseplay



Horsing around


Mom said we'll be back again some day with apples and carrots



(pardon my derriere)



I guess the grass really IS greener on the other side:

 
Arriving back home, I had to rest a spell in the living room. It felt nice and cool coming in from the heat.


Then I had to check on my toys to be sure none had disappeared while I was gone



Hmmmm...chosing is so difficult...I have 998 toys and not a thing to play with (I heard of people having that very problem with cable TV.)


My auntie Betty gave this poor ole rubber tree plant to mommy for rehabilitation - it has lost almost all of its leaves (how sad...right?)


Now I have to take a nap, because mommy's watching her silly man (Johnny Depp) on the computer -


"Who needs Johnny, when you've got a Gizmo like me?"

Don't forget to enter mom's July Giveaway!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Gizzy, you are just the cutest thing ever and I love going on adventures with you. Be sure and stop by next time and take me along.

gin said...

Never a dull moment with you, Gizzy. Don't forget to take the apples and carrots to the horses and get pics for us.

Doris Schmidt said...

Hallo Doris ,
Schöne Bilder hast du gemacht am schönsten finden wir , die Seenlandschaft. wo ist das und was sind das für Bäume?
Internet ist doch was tolles, man kann so schöne Bilder sehen ohne da gewesen zu sein.
Tschüss
Doris

Susan said...

Gizzy is so cute...:-) I loved the pictures and Gizzy's narration!!!

Susan

*Ulrike* said...

Gizzy certainly has his adventures!! That was such a cute post...just love it! Tell Gizzy to watch out for those gators (shudder!), around here it is chicken hawks for a wee thing like him!
Take Care,
Ulrike

Denise Marie said...

OMG, Doris..this is such a cute post. Gizzy is livin' the life. We don't want any gators near for sure. I love all the play toys. lol

Thought about your great tip working out so well about the tp rolls for the gerbils. They ate tru it in 2 days. :0)

Samantha G said...

Awww, this post is so cute! I love the photo of your living room too, the green rug is so cute! Gizzy only having 998 toys made me laugh out loud. It was so funny reading from his point of view :)

AkasaWolfSong said...

How did I miss this one Doris and Giz? Good Grief!

Anyway...Giz, I love it when you narrate your travels...I especially loved your basket of toys and how precious you looked sitting in the swing! You're a jewel to be sure!

Doris...I love the water pictures as you well know and am so happy you are taking part in praying for the waters and lands where you live...we need to get everyone on board.

You must not worry about blogging so much...we all lead busy lives and get to Blogger when we are able. I too spend a huge amount of time on here and have just recently began scaling back. I have too much to do to sit in front of the computer screen all day, lol.

Anway Love, know that my thoughts and prayers and lots of love are being sent to you and Giz. You mean the world to me!
xoxoxoxo