Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Long live friendship

My friend in California sent me this e-mail and it touched my heart so deeply that I felt compelled to share this story with you, my dear friends:

After losing his parents, this three year old orangutan, Roscoe, was so depressed he wouldn't eat and didn't respond to any medical treatments. The veterinarians thought he would surely die from sadness. The zoo keepers found an old sick dog on the grounds in the park at the zoo where the orangutan lived and took the dog to the animal treatment center. The dog arrived at the same time the orangutan was there being treated. The two lost souls met and have been inseparable ever since.


The orangutan found a new reason to live and each always tries his best to be a good companion to his new found friend. They are together 24 hours a day in all their activities.



They live in Northern California where swimming is their favorite past time, although Roscoe (the orangutan) is a little afraid of the water and needs his friend's help to swim.






Together they have discovered the joy and laughter in life and the value of friendship.





They have found more than a friendly shoulder to lean on.





Long Live Friendship!!!!!!!

I don't know... some say life is too short, others say it is too long, but I know that nothing that we do makes sense if we don't touch the hearts of others... while it lasts!

Thanks for being my friends!

Don't forget to enter my July Giveaway!

5 comments:

Denise Marie said...

Doris, this is such an awesome story!! We all really need friends don't we? It makes the heart happy and makes everything ok with the world. TFS

Sandy said...

Aww that is so sweet... amazing to me how smart animals really are! Thanks for sharing such a great story.

Karin said...

I just love this story! Thanks for sharing it!

Chatty Crone said...

This is funny - I used this story on my blog too. Welcome fellow follower! sandie

Janine said...

hi there, I just checked out Debbies nominies for the award and so I found your blog. This story is really heartwarming.
I hope these unusual friends will have a lot of time together.
That was a great post, and some great photos too.
Greatings from Germany
Janine