Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I'm a lucky ducky

I received this box last week from Bev of One Yarn After Another, a fellow crocheter and dear blogging buddy, who has developed a wool allergy and I was the lucky recipient of this wonderful stash of wool yarn:


I jumped for joy when I unpacked this treasure of lovely wool, some of them still having the Knit Picks sleeve indicating "Wool of the Andies."  To be honest, I can't afford to buy that stuff...I'm more of an acrylic and cotton type of a gal!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Bev. Now I can felt!

As if that wasn't enough, I found another nice surprise in my mailbox last week. It's from one of my other friends of Krafty Max Originals who sent me this really cool hard cover "Doggy Knits" pattern book.

LOOK, GIZZY!




She suggested the pattern on pages 34-35, which of course is this cute little bee outfit:



(Oh, mom, don't tell me I have to be a bee again at the Honey Bee Festival this year?)

YES - YOU DO!



(Ok, I guess I can... I'll just win another trophy - again!!!)

Thank you so much! I love all my gifts! I'm so happy that I'm doing the happy dance!

Thank You Comments and Graphics for MySpace, Tagged, Facebook
Comments and Graphics - Layouts - Photobucket

17 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

INDEED YOU WERE A LCKY DUCK
iM SURE YOU WILL PUT IT ALL TO GOOD USE

Wooly Annimals said...

I can understand you - i would jump for joy too, when anyone else sent me so wonderful stash of wool yarn. But no one send me... :(

And this book... It´s so cute. Can´t wait to see Gizzy as a bee. ;) Cute, cute, cute.

Have a beautiful day.

Nice greets from Germany,
Annika

Krafty Max Originals said...

THANK you Gizzy, I thought you might like that book....sorry Ms. Doris is going to be making you dress up again, but you always look SOOOOO cute!!!! Remember to keep having her take photos - we just LOVE to see your 'antics'!!! ~KM

Doris Schmidt said...

Hallo Doris , schöne Wolle , wirklich!
Ich kann leider mit Wolle so garnichts anfangen, der Krug ist an mir vorbei gegangen. Und wie ich sehe sucht sich da schon jemand was passendes aus.
Bin ja mal gespannt was draus wird.
Tschüss
Doris

glor said...

Wow, how exciting! The yarns look beautiful and how neat is the book! Can't wait to see what you make Gizzy.

AkasaWolfSong said...

Yes, you are a lucky ducky Doris. Woo Hoo! Congrats Girl!
Giz my friend you will look spectacular in your new bee suit, so wear it for your Oma and do her proud! (You know you secretly love it!)

Stay cool my friend...it is horrid here..the humidity is 94 percent and so it is like breathing in soupy water which makes it hard to be out of doors. This old girl is staying in!

Many Blessings and Congrat's Again! :)

gwengoods said...

You are lucky have fun felting!

Samantha G said...

I just love Gizzy's comments (and your response!)!

What a treasure you've gotten there!

And dog clothes are so popular right now, plus with winter coming (in a few months...), everyone is going to want something like that to keep their little pups warm! :)

CJ said...

Doris,
That is a very nice collection of yarn and what a wonderful friend to gift you with that sweet surprise!! Yes, I can definitely see you making poor lil' Gizzy that Bee outfit!! lol!!! too cute! :)
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugz,
Cathy♥♥

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Yay for you. That is quite a stash of yarn. I used to love to crochet until my carpal tunnel got so bad I could not hold the hook. Some of my prized possessions are the afghans, doilies and sweaters that I crocheted. Happy crocheting or felting

Unknown said...

You are one lucky loved lady.. I love the softie looking yarn.. and the book what a wonderful fun gift to receive... Have fun making that fun bee coat in the book.. I know Grizz will look so cute in it ;)
M

Doris Sturm said...

Thanks everyone for all your comment. I really get a big kick reading all your responses, especially concerning the Gizz. My blogger's acting up this morning and I lost 8 comments, so don't dispair, maybe later I'll be able to publish them, but if you know you send a comment this morning and don't see it here, that's why...I read them all. I'm missing the first 8 comments.
Just FYI and a big thanks - I appreciate your thoughts :-)
Have a great week everyone!
Doris and Gizzy!

Silke Powers said...

You are so lucky!! A wool allergy?!? That would be a sad day... Oh, Gizzy is going to be just so cute!! Can't wait to see... Love, Silke

Doris Schmidt said...

Oh wie ich sehe ist mein Kommentar von Gewstern auch verschwunden. na sowas.
Heute Abend um 20.30 geht es los!
Ich werde gleich nochmal Einkaufen mit dem Fahrrad.
Ich sage dir gleich Bescheid.
Wir hoffen das wir gewinnen!
Also Heute
Spanien - Deutschland-
Und hoffentlich am Samstag
Deutschland - Holland
Nis heute Abend
Tschüss
Doris

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it arrived safely and that you can use it. Can't wait to see what you make with it.

Susan said...

Hi!

I love the way you Gizzy commenting!!! It's so adorable!

Susan

The Beneficial Bee said...

You do have some really nice bloggin' buddies Doris! You deserve it all. :)