Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mooooore Bloooooberries...

Greetings from blueberry country!


Last week my neighbor and I went to pick more blueberries out in the country. We passed some cows on the way home. I have a soft spot in my heart for those big eyed gentle creatures.

A little black calf was curiously watching me.


When I arrived at home, I took Gizzy to Bank's Lake, because it was a beautiful morning and not as hot and muggy than usual.

Since it was a holiday weekend, we saw more activity with people fishing and boating.



There was a slight breeze that rippled the water, while billowy clouds moved up above.



The water's edge was dotted with water lilies.



Here's a close-up. I think they are lovely.


\
Gizzy was enjoying the view. He loves to people watch!




Oh, yeah, the blueberries went from here...



to here:



(my freezer door)

(inside my freezer)

Don't forget to enter my July Giveaway!

15 comments:

Deborah said...

Hi Doris, the pictures are beautiful! I love the little black cow. So cute and Gizzy looks very relaxed on the dock!
xxoo
Deborah

Unknown said...

LOVELY photos thank you for sharing your day with us. Grizzy looks comfy :)
M

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! Beautiful ... thanks for sharing your photos. Where are the blueberries? Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Lovely!!!!

Simply Debbie said...

DORIS,
YOU ARE AN AWESOME PHOTOGRAPHER. I TOO, HAVE A HEART FOR BIG EYE COWS...AND THE WATER LILLIES ARE AWESOME...ALL THE DIFFERENT TEXTURES.
GIVE GIZZY A HUG.
I HAVE AN AWARD FOR YOU ON SIMPLY DEBBIE.
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE
I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER TODAY.

glor said...

Your pictures are always so beautiful. I always feel like I've been there taking a leisurely walk among the beauty. Lucky Gizzy!

Gloria P. said...

Hello Doris: I love your new blog background and gizzy is just adorable, looked like she was enjoying her time at the lake so much. The blueberries look so good, this year I have noticed the last few boxes I bought were very sweet.

Take care my friend.
Gloira

gin said...

lovely photos (as always!) I like cows and calfs too. When I was growing up my grandparents had raised cattle to sell. My sisters and I played with the calves all the time. Great memories I have of that time!

AkasaWolfSong said...

What a beautiful visit with you today Dear Doris! Those blueberries look so nice in your freezer! They will be so good eating come this winter!

Your cows are lovely as are your water pics and water lily.

Gizzy my friend you are truly the Lion! Regal as ever!

Stay cool Doris...it is unbearable where I am.

Love and Blessings!
xoxo

Chatty Crone said...

I just saw you on Debbie's Blog and saw GA. You must live in south GA from the pictures of the Spanish Moss. I live a little north of Atlanta, Just wanted to say hello! I always love GA bloggers and I love Debbie. sandie

Karin said...

What lovely photos!! Love blueberries too but have never had my freezer that full of those delicious berries! Yummy!

Julia said...

Hi Doris!
I still am entranced by the big buttressed roots on those trees and seeing the hanging moss (probably non native *sigh*) also is so intriguing to my eyes. Getting out and seeing new things is so refreshing and makes me feel alive!

Bye for now,
Julia

Samantha G said...

Ohhh, yum! What do you plan to do with them all? Pies? Muffins? Pancakes? Smoothies? I am thinking my email about our house didn't go through again :( I'll try to resend via Facebook because I miss you!

The Colorful Bee said...

I love these photos. So beautiful. And being from the country myself, I love those cows!!! They are so cute!

Carolina Nogueira said...

Hello!

I´m from Brazil!
I enjoyed your blog!!

Kisses
Carolina Nogueira