Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Friday, April 29, 2011

Oh, what a beautiful morning...

I did not get up at 4 am to watch the Royal Wedding, but I saw some of it on You Tube "The Royal Channel" and it was lovely! Here is the link, if you want to see it too:

The Royal Channel


Roquemore Memorial Park


It was such a nice, cool morning today. Everything looked so clean and green outside after all the rain we had yesterday, so Gizzy and I headed out the door around 7:30 am and didn't get back home till noon. I was thankful that my sunflowers were not bent or broken. I'm glad that I gave them the needed support to survive the winds yesterday.

I needed to mail a package at the post office, but didn't realize they don't open till 9 am, so I had time to enjoy a cup of coffee at "The Junction" whilst chatting with our friendly neighborhood dentist, a pleasant young man from New Hampshire. I never met him before, but now that I know he's such a nice man I am actually looking forward to going to the dentist.

After the post office, I decided to walk to Roquemore Park where I used to take Gizzy all the time when I still had my car. The view was so clear and the air was fresh, all washed clean from yesterday's rain. The grass seemed greener and the water sparkled - I actually felt like I was getting a glimpse of Paradise. The birds were chirping and Gizzy was just looking and investigating...and remembering!


We sat on a bench at the 911-Prayer garden for some time before taking the long way home - past the (very) old, small cemetery and past the three horses in their fenced in stable across from the school yard. They curiously stopped grazing to take a closer look at us, but walked away as soon as Gizzy started to bark at them.

I found some ripe blackberries that tasted so sweet as we wandered down memory lane past the old house where I used to live. I remembered some people I knew who no longer live there...it was bitter-sweet, but it's good to remember without dwelling.

Taking the road that winds back around the lake I found a good spot in the shade to brush and trim Gizzy's hair, for you see, tomorrow is the annual "Milltown Murals Motorcade" and Gizzy and I will be seen by more than just the ducks and kitty cats ;-)

I will take photos of the event tomorrow. I didn't have my camera with me this morning, but the pictures you see here were taken last Spring and it looked exactly like that today. Enjoy your weekend and stay safe!

13 comments:

Samantha G said...

what a lovely post and a beautiful day you had! and i love how you said this: "it's good to remember without dwelling." that's a great attitude to have when thinking of the past...

Chatty Crone said...

Oh what a gorgeous morning - nice park and a nice time - even enjoyed meeting the dentist! How nice is that? You live in a great place. sandie

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, I can't wait to see this adventure tomorrow!

Ann said...

I didn't get up to watch the wedding either although I do get up really early to go to work. You and Gizzy had a very good morning.

Karin said...

I wish I could have come along with you - it sounds absolutely wonderful! I didn't get up early either, but have watched lots of re-runs! Just beautiful!

marianne said...

What a beautiful day for a walk in the park! Such beautiful surroundings!

Good luck at the dentist!

Love those pine cones in your flower beds! (I scrolled through the posts I have missed.........) I think it is such a good idea! Have to take the kids to the forest with some bags.........

have a nice day!

babymotte said...

Liebe Doris,
vielen Dank für die schönen Bilder :O)
auch ich musste die Hochzeit gucken,weil Emely (6) unbedingt den Kuss sehen wollte...
aber es hat sich gelohnt...eine sehr schöne Braut...wie im Märchen...
Bin immer wieder gerne hier,schreibe nicht immer,weil ich denke das es nicht so viele lesen können...
Lasse liebe Grüße hier,fühle Dich gedrückt von mir,Heike

Heather - The Good Life said...

Sounds like a wonderful morning enjoying the beauty of nature. Enjoy your weekend. :-)

Beansieleigh said...

Sounds like a beautiful walk, both scenic, and retrospectively... so peaceful and yet people 'round to talk to! A gorgeous morning, I'm sure!.. So glad you're ok, after hearing all the tornados the south has experienced, and the sad losses of homes and loved ones.. Don't know how Mother Nature can be so cruel... Anyways, I'll bet Gizzy looks wonderful in his new haircut! Have fun at the motorcade, and can't wait to see pictures! ~tina

Kerrie said...

Can't wait to see your pictures tomorrow. Love the ones from last year. Hugs, Kerrie

sprinkles said...

I didn't get up early to watch the wedding either but I did record it on DVR so that I could watch it once I'm through with school and can watch it properly.

You always take such pretty pictures!

gin said...

yes, i watched the royal wedding too.it was very nice. your pictures are very nice too, as they always are so beautiful.

Pfiffigste said...

Sooo ein schöner Park. Das sieht nach einem tollen Spaziergang aus.

Liebe Grüße,
Pfiffigste