Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Raffle to restore The Old Miakka Schoolhouse

My friend and fellow AWEteam mate, Sarah Nolt,  is having a raffle to help preserve and restore The Old Miakka Schoolhouse pictured below:





Sarah says: "The schoolhouse is a historic landmark, and one of the only remaining one-room schoolhouses in this area. The building is being well preserved by a handful of the Community Club members. I attended a one-room school from 5th -8th grade, so I tend to think this is important." You can read more on her blog by clicking here.

Sarah is a talented Artisian who has made this lovely quilted wall hanging to be raffled off on October 3, 2010.
Sarah will also offer 6 tickets for $5., 12 tickets for $10., 110 for $100.

Thank you for helping out! Payment, including a self addressed stamped envelope - for your raffle ticket(s) - can be sent to: Sarah Nolt, 651 Myakka Rd., Sarasota, Fla 34240-8777.

You can find more of Sarah's wonderful creations here:

http://www.sarahsquiltsncrafts.etsy.com/
http://www.eclecticarmadillo.etsy.com/
http://earthnsky8d.blogspot.com/
http://www.twitter.com/earthnsky

and on facebook:
FirstFridayArtWalkonEtsy

6 comments:

AkasaWolfSong said...

I will check this out later today Doris as I am getting ready to go to the doctor this morning...what a beautiful quilt!

Restoring the Old School House is a must do! We don't have too many of those across our great land anymore.

Thanks so much for the heads up!
Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend! :)

Many Blessings!

*Ulrike* said...

That's a beautiful quilt that is going for such a good cause. I'll make a note to buy some tickets

Kerrie said...

I adore old School Houses! I oil painted an old one in my home town area in central NY State many years ago and seeing and reading your article, I need to look it up and get it out so I can once again enjoy it! Love all your scrubbies! hugs, K

Doris Schmidt said...

Hallo,
der Kuchen ist nicht echt , den hat mein Sohn gebastelt und bemahlt!
Danke für deine Kommentare ich freue mich immer drüber.
bis Bald
Doris

♥ Kathy said...

I love that schoolhouse and the quilt is absolutely beautiful! The other day when I tried to come to your blog it said it didn't exist and I was so sad!! I'm glad it's still here :) Love ya!

Jacque said...

Hi Doris,

I am a sucker for REstoration projects! I was Exec Director for my hometown Main Street program, which was funded by the National Historical Trust and State Programs. Anything that has to do with HISTORY, I am all about it!!

Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse for a visit and for leaving the nice comment!

Hope you have a great Memorial Day Weekend!