Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday is "What Is It That You Enjoy" day...

I'm joining Faith over at Simple, Vintage and Crochet where Monday is "What is it that you enjoy" day!  Just list four (4) things you enjoy and link up with Faith to let others know you're playing along.

1. I enjoy my first cup of coffee of the day

2. I enjoy walking outside with Gizzy on a cool, crisp day

3. I love the snow and hear it crunch beneath my foot steps

4. I enjoy crocheting very much!

Tag, you're it!

Speaking of crocheting: I'm in the process of making a bunch of heart ornament hangers for Valentine's Day or any occasion really... in fact, I've made a box full already, but am not tired of making more...here's a preview of the ones I'm working on. They need embellishments with either ribbon or beads and then they're ready for selling or giving away...







I like making these for several reasons 1) it's a great opportunity to use up scrap yarn; 2) I love playing/working with colors and the color combination on these are endless; 3) for some reason looking and working with heart shapes makes me smile and 3) it's almost instant gratification, because they don't take that long to make. When I run out of heart shaped bangle bracelets to use, I have some round shower hooks to make round frames like the purple one in the middle photo on the right (with my picture in it.)

Oh, and I should probably show you the backside of my hearts as well. They are so pretty from both sides, that you really do not need to add a picture...they can be just given away "as is" as Valentines...or you could insert a note (instead of a photo) that reads "I love you" or "Be Mine" or "Happy Mother's Day" ... whatever the occasion may be:




The hearts for the backside (as pictured above) were made according to the tutorial in my previous post here!


Don't forget to enter my January Giveaway - Friday 1/28/11 is your last day to enter!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liebe Doris

Das ist ja eine schöne Idee. Ich bin so frei und nehme diese Idee mit. Vielleicht kann ich manchem Menschen damit eine kleine Freude bereiten.
Besonders das Bilderherz finde ich toll. So hübsch und liebevoll.

Ganz liebe Grüße
Sula

Faith said...

Better later then never...you are always welcome at my place Doris.

AH..the simple joys...are the best arn't they? thank you for joining in the MEME...I'd like to make it a regular...I am sure we all have things which we enjoy and give us simple pleasure. The idea is to become aware of them and be filled with abundance.

The hearts-gorgeous....so pretty and springlike...what a great way to use up scrap yarn.

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Stopping by from Faith's place! These crochet hearts are adorable!

Su-He-Tra said...

Hallo liebe Doris,

das sind ja wirklich viele Herzen!!! Eine schöner als das andere, man kann wirklich nur WOW sagen!

Diese Idee ist so brilliant, besonders haben mir die Bilderrahmen es angetan!!!

Ganz liiiiebe Grüße

Su-Tra <3

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

A good HOT cup of tea with a couple of yummy cookies. A walk with the pups on a sunny warm, but not hot, day. A week with no sick kiddos:(

The hearts are very pretty.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Ann said...

ah yes, that first cup of coffee in the morning is the best :)
Love your crocheted heart ornaments, they are lovely. You're moving right along with those

Caroline said...

I loved seeing all the hearts you've made!

sprinkles said...

Those hearts are really pretty! I was just thinking they would be nice to have even without the picture too!

Thanks for leaving such a positive comment for my friend Melissa's guest post today. She was nervous about either no one commenting or if they did, that they'd be negative.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What wxquisite work, the back is just as pretty as the front! And each one in different colors! The four things I love doing: being home with my husband, having Ella here, blogging, and eating out.

glor said...

Hi Doris, such lovely things to enjoy! Your collection of hearts are wonderful. Have a great evening. Blessings.

Silke Powers said...

These are so cute, Doris!! You really always come up with some fantastic ideas... Hope you are Gizzy are doing well and enjoying this cool weather!! Love, Silke

Kathy said...

LOVE THE HEARTS!

Samantha G said...

The hearts are so pretty, I love the combination of those two greens together! I think you have a little winter hat on Etsy with both of those greens on it. Very cute.

Maybe I'll mosey my way on over to your Etsy shop right now......

:)

-Samantha

Chatty Crone said...

Your hearts are as pretty as you are! Front and back.

Love to know what you like to do - I knew a couple of them.

Hope you and Gizzy are alright.

sandie♥

becky said...

Very cute hearts! And just in time for valentine's day!
I do enjoy my morning cup of coffee, too. Especially on my day off! It's nice to have a leisurely cup, rather than a rushed cup on the way to work! Looks like you are having fun & doing what you enjoy!

- said...

These hearts are really cute. I especially like the black ones with the varied colors.

Beansieleigh said...

So CUTE! LOVE all your crochet hearts and all the various embellishments you've used! They're all so pretty! ~tina

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

Those hearts make me so happy; they are soo cute!

Rika said...

These hearts are beautiful!

Nélia Botelho said...

Olá Doris

Muito bonita ideia para aproveitar tantas sobras de fios que temos sempre em casa.Muito inspiradora.Adorei!
bjs
Nélia

marianne said...

My oh my so many hearts!
Can imagine they are fun to do!
They look great!

Have a nice day♥
Hugs for Gizzy♥

Deborah said...

I love the hearts! I'll enter your contest!!
xxoo
Deborah

Unknown said...

"Crocheting In Georgia" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope you like the image I featured, and I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/01/sites-to-see_28.html

Unknown said...

Lovely Hearts.....I am as usual behind in reading and leaving comments.. forgive me... Hugs and Happy Friday..Birgit

eli said...

hallo, die sehen ja super aus. ich hoffe ich bekomme das ähnlich hin. :)

liebe grüße eli