Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Dogs Are Alright...

I just watched this episode on PBS to discover "what happened to Michael Vick's dogs?" You guys need to watch this. Even though it had a brutal beginning, the ending for most of these dogs is fantastic: Please, if you need a reason to restore faith in humanity, then this is for you.


Watch the full episode. See more Need To Know.



Here is the link to the movie clip if you'd rather click on it:

PBS/The Dogs Are Alright


Hooray for the loving spirit of these dogs and the people who had faith in them. Dog really is God spelled backwards! (I don't think I'd be that forgiving!)

Remember to enter my Giveaway - last day to enter is Friday, 1/28/11!!!

8 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

After all those dogs went through, it is amazing at how well they are all doing now. Good to know there are loving peeps out there to help.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I just love a good rescue story!! Really makes you believe in kind hearts redeeming the bad.

Ann said...

gotta love a happy ending. Thank goodness for such caring people

Ginny Hartzler said...

I saw some of this. What makes me mad is that he wants a dog now and they will probably let him have it. He should have been ordered that he can't have a pet again.

Chatty Crone said...

I am thrilled to find out there was such a great ending. sandie♥

Samantha G said...

Michael Vick is disgusting and as far as I'm concerned so is the NFL for letting him back into an industry full of people who are constantly glorified and looked up to as heroes by children who love football. And that's my "nice" way of putting it, i.e. no cursing.

I get so sick of hearing "after all he's been through" meaning Vick, not the dogs. I agree with Ginny, no way should you be allowed to have a pet after that history.

What if he had gone around slaying/torturing a bunch of toddlers? He'd be put away FOR LIFE if not executed. Let alone ever being allowed to be around children. Would they let him adopt a child if he had a history of child abuse?

Disgusting.

Ok I'm done ranting! :)

- said...

I trust what you say Doris. I just can't watch any cruelty to animals it hurts me so much. I am so thankful that there is now a number you can call to report animal cruelty. I get so upset when I see so many dogs chained up with such short leashes. Where I live, the police report they had the most calls they have had yet last summer from people reporting others for leaving their animals in cars in the heat of the summer, thanks to the campaigns now out alerting people to take care of their pets.
I am so glad more attention is being paid to our animal friends.

AkasaWolfSong said...

Doris...I am so glad you posted this video...and I am so glad I got the chance to see it. While it leaves me feeling teary, it also warmed my heart knowing these beautiful dogs are now with loving, caring owners.

And I agree that I am not sure if I can be that forgiving.

Long live these dogs in harmony with their new owners!

Love and Blessings! :)