Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Gator and a Skink

Hello again from Bank's Lake. Today was a beautiful day (and still is) with a nice breeze. If you can stay away from the trees where the moist, shaded spots are, you should be ok with the mosquitoes not being too bothersome. I visited my friend (who runs Bank's Lake Outpost) with Gizzy today and we sat outside on the bench chatting about this and that (my favorite topic.) That's us: My friend, I and Gizzy! (oh, and the guy who's taking the photo) As we were sitting there talking, she pointed out an alligator to me. I left Gizzy tied up to the bench for a minute, while I walked on the dock to take a closer look. My camera doesn't have a very strong zoom lens, so I had to crop the photo to see it better: Just double-click on the photos to make them bigger and that should help. Wile I was out there by myself (without the dog) I took a few photos of some water lilies. They are all over the lake now and from a distance look like big, puffy snowballs. You can even smell them way before you get close to them (especially today with a nice breeze going.) Their scent reminds me of a mix between a passion flower and a tuberose. They smell sweet with a hint of citrus. I just love it! We watched the fishermen pull up with their boats and walking to the Outpost to purchase their crickets and such. The worms were all gone because there was a big fishing tournament yesterday. I read the paper and suddenly noticed some movement out of the corner of my eye...here came along this little skink, it's a form of a lizard, and he ran right past us and back towards the Outpost because he knows where he can find some crickets ;-) It was another beautiful day and I couldn't resist taking a few more photos: There were quite a few people canoeing and kayaking today. Here we saw what looked like to me a father and son team, coming back in: As I drove away, I saw a couple having a picnic under a tree with their three-wheel motorcycle right next to them. You see a lot of motorcycles here because it's just such a beautiful place to ride.

3 comments:

The Beneficial Bee said...

Excellent pictures Doris! Cool animal sightings. I love skinks! jess

Doris Sturm said...

I'm glad you like them, Jess. I enjoy your blog very much too, why with all your beekeeping adventures and the secret lives of your chickens (he, he, he)...in case anyone wants to look, here's the link:
http://www.beneficialbee.blogspot.com/

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Unknown said...

nice blog!