Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Vote Earth (by December 16)

'this the season to be openly thankful. I am thankful every day for the air I breathe, the green grass and the trees that I see. I am thankful for the oceans and the mountains and I am thankful for all the beauty that has been given to us to appreciate, preserve and protect. We are responsible for protecting and caring not only for each other, but our environment and the animals that have a right to live here too.
Today, I'm posting about a subject near and dear to my heart. No, not Gizzy or the honeybees, but Global Warming. I'm not a political person, but I try to do my part, be it ever so humble, in helping in small ways and try to keep this world a better place for future generations, so I casted my vote. Just one vote, that's all it takes! Together, we are 6,797,843,955 strong (as of Nov. 18, 2009) - now that is a force to be reckoned with. Can you imagine if just for one day every single human being on this planet would see things with one mind and one heart? Oh, what a wonderful world that would be! Mother Earth needs our help. Hasn't she been good to us? Hasn't she provided and produced in spite of all the chemicals we spewed into the air and all the garbage we dumped into her landfills and oceans? What about covering up her soil with asphalt causing her to suffocate and overheat? Surely you've seen the heat rise up from the asphalt on a long road in the summertime? Still, we eat her fruits and vegetables and ...somehow we survive, but will she? Vote Earth and help make a difference. We owe it to ourselves to at least try! If you don't want to watch the video, just click here to cast your vote on EarthHour.org. You can learn more about this issue at the World Wildlife Fund's website. Please cast your vote by December 16th!
I am also thankful for friends who appreciate and talk about my handmade crafts in knit and crochet. It's nice to be recognized for one's work, isn't it? Thank you Krafty Max!

3 comments:

Renee said...

I agree 100% Doris. I am with you.

Love Renee xoxo

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Poor old earth! I don't know if you will recall that old song, "In the Year 2525," but despite being hokey, it talks about helping the earth and not just driving it to ruin!!!

Annie said...

Like the wonderful Renee, I am with you on this. The earth is THE most important thing of all to help and protect. xoxo