Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day!

Have You Hugged Your Veteran Today? Today is Wednesday, November 11, 2009 and we are celebrating Veteran's Day. One of the most personal and meaningful Veterans Day activities for people is to send notes or cards to hospitalized veterans or those living in veterans homes. Or, better yet, visit a veteran in a local veterans hospital or veterans home. The best way to have a "happy Veterans Day" is to do something special to make a veteran happy. You can use the link below to locate a Veterans facility to visit in your area! United States Department of Veterans Affairs

Did you know that most Americans confuse Veterans Day with Memorial Day? Learn the history of Veterans Day.

I want to wish everybody a happy Veteran's Day today and say a great big THANK YOU to each and every one of our brave veterans. God bless you!

If you are interested in reading how Valdosta, Georgia, is celebrating Veteran's Day today, just click and read it in the Valdosta Daily Times.

I, for one, will be offering FREE SHIPPING all day for everything in my Etsy shop! On a not so happy note, today there are an estimated 300,000 homeless veterans in the United States, nearly half served in Vietnam. I'm taking a break from crocheting and am watching this movie on Hulu about it right now, so feel free to join me by clicking on the link below: When I Came Home

Happy Veteran's Day, everyone!

5 comments:

Abatevintage said...

Doris what a lovely tribute, I hugged my veteran today ;0)

I love the rose its gorgeous.

God bless sweety.

Hugs,
Heidi

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oh my, I am laughing over that froggie graphic in your sidebar: "Tag, Award and TURKEY free..." lol...you are too funny m'dear...

Happy Veterans Day!

Renee said...

This was a wonderful post Doris.

Thank you.

Renee xoxo

Samantha G said...

Very nice tribute post, Doris! :)

Anonymous said...

Doris, you are handy with the computer. I love the Jib Jab videos. Wonderful Veteran's Day tribute. The homeless situation is sad, no doubt.
QMM