Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Stuff: a 3-Step Program!

Ever wonder why we have so much stuff? ...where does it all come from and why is there a never ending supply of it? Every time I move or pack up for one reason or another, I throw away things or give them away, because suddenly they're not important anymore because I don't feel like lugging it all around with me. I want to start out fresh with a nice, clean uncluttered environment, only to find myself filling it up again...and I don't even have young children to blame it on! Amazing! Here's an eye-opening movie that explains in simple steps the evolution of stuff and how stuff works! (It's kind of long, so you can just listen to it while you do something else.) This is a serious look at how Stuff happens! 1. Physical explanation for stuff: The Story of Stuff (with Annie Leonard) The folowing clip is a Classic! You have got to look at this! It's very funny! 2. Psychological explanation for stuff: 3. Practical Solution for Stuff

3 comments:

crochetgal said...

George Carlin's discussion of 'stuff' is absolutely hillarious! Love it!

Sandy O said...

They say now that pack rats have a disease, I know one was hoarding, but i can't remember the other. I am guilty of having this disease. I throw nothing away.*L*

have a great day!

Doris Sturm said...

The problem with throwing nothing away is that while you know you have it, you can't put your finger on it. So you'd probably be better off not having it. It's less frustrating than knowing you have it and can't find it. (at least with me)