Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bittersweet Memories





Hello my friends and Happy New Year! Another year gone by - Christmas is over and we're off to make plans to make this year better (I hope!). I've started Weight Watchers (again) only this time I'm going to the meetings because doing it by myself just on line did not pan out for me last time. I failed miserably. Obviously, I need the support meetings give you. My next meeting is on Tuesday morning, so we'll see how well I did. I gained a bunch of weight over the holdiays and my blood pressure was over the roof and that really scared me so that I can no longer afford not to go to Weight Watchers. I know it works because every time I stick with it, I lose the weight ... I love this plan better than anything else because you are not restricted and can have anything you want. I don't have to buy supplements or special foods unless I want to and it's ok to use with any foods that you like, be it vegetarian, low carb, even the Paleo diet. You can do it all with the help of Weight Watchers. It's just a matter of being reasonable and accountable. I'm an impulse eater and often over eat, so now I'm mindful of what I put in my mouth and it seems to work because as a bread addict, I have not eaten any bread (except a few whole weat tortillas to make some wraps) I do not miss it. It's all a matter of establishing good habits. I suppose only time will tell because I'm in it for the long haul.

I hope you all survived the holidays relatively unscarred and made some good memories. Mine were quiet and somewhat melancholy. I had some health issues (as usual) but for the most part, I'm ok. I look healthy, so if I ever drop dead unexpectedly, people will say: "oh, my gosh! I just saw her the other day and she looked so healthy!" well, that's me... I rarely look sick unless I'm dying or under general anesthesia ;-) Must be all the water I drink and the veggies I eat, they give me a healthy glow. I'm lucky to love fruits and veggies, that makes losing weight easier. My problem is carbs and portion size, but I'm getting that under control.

As you know, I live on Facebook now and if you ever want to visit, just type in Doris Sturm (in Lakeland, GA) in case there are other Doris Sturms and even my dogs have pages. My Weezie Mae and Mr. Ted E. Barker (aka Teddy Ruffhausen).... and I still keep Gizzy's page up ... I miss him so much and it's been two hears since he died.

Another reason I hardly blog is that every time I come here, I remember my boy and all the wonderful times we've shared... this blog isn't about crocheting at all (as it turns out) but a memorial to my Gizzy and it just hurts me so much to remember those times of us together - even though I should be over it by now, especially since I have two other fur babies to love. But, so be it!

Again, I'm on Facebook, but will try to check in from time to time. I can barely keep up with my friends on Facebook, so blogging on top of it would eat up all my days... I'm trying really hard to get away from computing so much. I enjoy it, but it really takes up most of my time if I'm not careful.

Oh, by the way, I'm in a new apartment. They refurbished/redid all our units, so I'm living in another location, but same complex. I love it. We have a much bigger kitchen now and a dishwasher (my new best friend) I love cooking and baking because clean up is so easy now. They also provided all of us with a Whirlpool energy efficent front loading washer and dryer, so I sold my Kenmore set and they're working on making us a community carden. We each get a 4' X 4' bed to grow what we want ... a lot of people won't want to gaden, so who ever wants that space, can have it. Also, our Social Hall has a computer room with three computers with internet access and a small gym with two recumbent bikes and a thread mill...so I'm pretty happy about that :-)

Tomorrow is Holy Three Kings day, or the Epiphany, so that's when I'm taking down all my Christmas stuff, so here's a photo of my little 4' tree and some decorations. I made it look cozy for myself and the dogs. I had no company, but got lots of cards and a few packages in the mail, including a new digital camera from a friend in Singapore. My Fujifulm Finepix finally broke and the cell phone photos just did not cut the mustard (so-to-speak) All in all I feel blessed and wish you all a happy and healthy 2014!



 Weezie Mae, the sweetest and calmest dog in the world.




Teddy Bear (aka Ted E. Barker, Teddy Ruffhausen, The Tedinator, Teddy Kreuger, etc)
Teddy loves the squeaky doggy toys I crochet and here he is chewing on a drumstick I made for him.


A collage of my apartment with the decorations.


Weezie wearing her pink hoodie she got from a friend in a Christmas gift exchange.


Teddy wearing his hoodie he got from a friend in a Christmas gift exchange.

6 comments:

Tummetott said...

Hallo, liebe Doris!
Schön, mal wieder von dir zu hören.
Alles Gute für 2014!

gin said...

Loved catching up with you! You are a busy girl.

Janine said...

Dear Doris,
nice to hear from you.
I started weight Watchers too, like you I gained to much weight over the Holidays.
I like your decoration very much.
I put mine away on Mary candlemess.
So I have longer time to enjoy it.
I wish you a happy year.
Janine

Ann said...

what a wonderful surprise to see you here today, Your new apartment looks very festive, sounds like it's really nice there. Love the pictures of the pups, they look so adorable

sprinkles said...

I keep up with you on Facebook (I'm Glitter Atti on there!). I didn't realize Weezie Mae and Teddy had their own pages too!

Good luck with the weight loss. I did WW and it worked well for me too. I stopped because I got busy, and gained the weight back. I still have all the books and stuff from it, so I was thinking I should get back into it.

SEO Star Software House said...

Great post. I was checking continuously this weblog Cccam Server and I am impressed! Extremely useful info particularly the final half I take care of such information much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very long. Thank you and best of luck.