Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!


Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy Wednesday from Georgia!

(Romeow loves his Nana Weeze)

Thank you for your nice comments. I really appreciated them as the tears flowed...because when I'm here I remember sharing photos of my boy and I know most of you enjoyed seeing his photos as much as I enjoyed taking them. He was my most favorite and obliging subject. He loved the camera and vice versa!

Have you guys ever noticed that when some people casually ask you how you are doing, you are able to maintain your composure and reply in a calm and sensible way assuring them you're ok, everything's just fine and under control, yet when someone you know who cares about you asks that very same question, you just fall apart and can barely speak for crying? Well, that's how I kind of feel with you guys because you knew my boy and you know how much I enjoyed writing about him. I think that's why I always cry when I come here and post and read your comments...because I know, I'm in sympathetic company and I really appreciate that. I just wanted you to know how much you mean to me even when I don't come and visit as much as I should right now. I just lit a candle for Gizzy and I still talk to him in my Gizzy voice. Hearing myself talk to him in that special way makes me feel closer to him. He is the first pet I had that I felt this close to and so awful about him being gone - just like a human.

Having said that, I have some pictures for you to see. But first, let me say that Romeow got neutered on Monday and he's doing just fine. Now I'm hoping and praying he'll simmer down a little, although there is no guaranty that will happen, but the Vet thinks it probably will calm him down in a few weeks.

Weezie also went to the Vet on Monday to get her bloodwork done, including a thyroid test because she sleeps so much and is so calm and relaxed (unless Romeow bugs her too much.) She got a thorough examination and he's going to run a urinalysis because she had a couple of "incidents" in the house when she cried and lost her first It thought she was having a seizure because she was laying on the floor crying, but then later that day, she was on the chair and screamed when it happened, both times she looked at me with clear eyes, aware of her surroundings, more embarrassed and surprised than anything. That made me think to check for a urinary tract or bladder infection and stones before doing an extensive neurological work up. I'm hoping it was just a fluke or if she passed a stone, maybe that will be it for a while, but the urinalysis should indicate any crystals and maybe she can be treated with a pill instead of surgery. We'll get the test results back sometime this week. But, she acts the way she always has, she sleeps, eats and loves her I'm hoping for the best.

She does need a dental however, and will lose about three teeth and that will have to be done either next month or the one after, because she'll also need an X-ray on her chest to check for an enlarged heart while she is under. She has a heart murmur and Pekingese are prone to congestive heart failure (Gizzy had it, which is why his kidneys went bad.) Weezie is difficult to examine and the Vet had to sedate her on Monday and I don't want to subject her to too much sedation so I have to try to do as many things as possible while she's unconscious.

(My Glamour girl, Weezie)

Below is a photo of Weezie and her little friend, Seila, from the lake. We have not seen her for a while and yesterday we met her while she was walking around Lake Irma with her grandma. Weezie pepped right up and wagged her tail happy to see the little girl. Weezie just loves little children, especially the girls because they are not as loud and boisterous as the boys tend to get:

Don't they look cute together? 

Romeow slipped outside on Saturday because I failed to put him in his big kennel before opening the back door for the mail lady. I learned my lesson! He climbed up on the big Bradford Pear tree and decided he was going to hang out up there all day watching the birds below eating at the bird feeder:

He was up there for about an hour, but finally, with the help of a smelly can of sardines and the tall Animal Control guy, we were able to get him back into the house.

I hope this will be his first and last time, but there is no telling since today, on our walk, his lead broke as he bolted away and a neighbor was able to catch him for me before he took off and probably up another tree...his harness stayed on him and the clip was still on his harness, but the nylon lead had broken off the clip! I'm going to reinforce it and use a double lead using a piece of twine PLUS the nylon lead next time.

Here is Romeow exploring near the woods yesterday (near the cat feeding station.) He was being watched by several of the stray/feral cats that come out of the shrubs when they see me since I'm the one feeding them.

(Romeow spies the black cat in the woods)

(Romeow sees another cat in the woods)

(Here is a closer view of "Leggs", one of our residents cats)

Here is Romeow perched on top of his cat house wearing the harness. I let him keep it on inside for a few hours each day so that he can get used to wearing it. So far he's doing really well.

Here is Romeow after our walk wearing his harness. He's inside his huge "Petmate" Pet Porter that's big enough for a German Shepherd, but apparently just right for a five pound Romeow. He loves to knead on his stuffed kitty toy when he's in there. He does it right before falling asleep. I was offering him a piece of Swiss cheese and that's why his mouth is partially open - he was smacking his lips in anticipation!

And lastly, here's a nice picture of my Gizzy with Weezie. I believe they would have become great friends.

I love you guys!!!


Mindy said...

Great pictures!

And it's very true--we can be composed around most people, but when someone asks how you are and you know they really care, it's so hard to keep it together.

Sugar the Golden Retriever said...

Woof! Woof! Happy Wednesday! WOW! that's a tall tree to climb. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

AkasaWolfSong said...

Dear Doris...I'm so sorry I haven't been around of late...I had some surgery myself and am just now starting to feel a bit better.

I loved your sharing today...
Romeow and Weezie are in such good care with you and it warms my heart. We will always miss Gizzy and I know he helps from his new home.

Radiant Blessings to you my Sister/Friend! I love you very much!

Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday! I love your pictures ^_^
That was a brave kitten, climbing that high.
Have a great day


Chatty Crone said...

Happy Valentines Day - I know you miss Gizzy, but it looks like these two are quite a bit! Romeo seems like a real Romeo and Wizzy needs a lot of help too - I hope she will be okay. You love those guys so much and I do understand.

Ann said...

I remember at my dads funeral I was doing very well and my aunt had said wait until your cousins start showing up. Sure enough when they got there I was crying like crazy.
Love all your pictures especially that one of Weezy with the quilled flowers.

Ima Weed said...

Of course we have missed all of you and it is so good to see pictures and get an update on you guys. Hope all the test are good for Weezie and I think Romeow may be your new camera 'ham'.

sprinkles said...

Shiver used to be such a hyper puppy. I remember hoping he'd calm down too after he got neutered. When I brought him home from the vet's office, I was hoping the drugs would at least keep him calm. Nope, he was just as hyper as ever and you'd never know he'd just had surgery!

Fortunately, he's calmed down a lot but he's still rambunctious sometimes.

Tummetott said...

So süß, deine 2!
Liebe Grüße