Gizzy in Heaven!

Gizzy in Heaven!
I love you forever and ever, Amen!

Followers

Monday, June 15, 2009

Everything's coming up Roosters

I normally don't blog about every single item that I crochet, but these guys were fun to make and I really like the way they turned out, especially this bright and colorful rooster that ended up being a tortilla keeper for keeping tortillas, pita pockets or flat bread warm at the table. (top view) I named him Senior Gallo! If you slipped your hands inside, you could also use him as a potholder, but I like the idea of him being used as a tortilla warmer since his colors remind me so much of Mexican decor. The next rooster is black and white with some red tail feathers for contrast. This one has his comb and wattles made of red pieces of felt instead of crocheted like the othes. I think this rooster is a very handsome bird made of thick rug yarn in bold colors with good contrast. Upon request, I can crochet any color combination (or solid color) for my customers. I am also planning on offering a Patriotic (red, white and blue) version for Independence Day! Then there is this cock-eyed rooster that has been very popular in my Etsy shop and he also has his comb and wattles made from red pieces of felt. You can see more of my roosters in my Honey Bee Crochet shop. Cock-a-doodle-doooo!!! Honey Raspberry Iced Tea 2 cups freshly brewed tea 2 cups cranberry-raspberry juice 1/4 cup honey In large, heat-proof pitcher, whisk together all ingredients until thoroughly combined and honey is dissolved. Chill until ready to serve. To serve, pour over ice. Protein: 0.06 g Fat Total: 0.13 g Sodium: 6.98 mg Carbohydrates: 36 g Calories from Fat: 1% Cholesterol: 0 mg Calories: 138 Dietary Fiber: 0.17 ENJOY! ... AND REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR HONEY BEES!

2 comments:

The Beneficial Bee said...

You know I love the rooster hot pads Doris! Cool new designs! Jess

Doris Sturm said...

Somehow I knew you would, Jess ;-)

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy making them. I'm especially proud of Senior Gallo ;-)